Understanding how to use coconut oil for preventing and treating acne is essential to your health and your skin. Here are a few simple but important tips to take note of:
* To begin with, the popular belief that coconut oil will help to heal acne may not be correct. There is no scientific proof that this actually works. You may find some products that do contain it and these are good options.
* A better option would be to avoid those products which contain it altogether. What you need is something called virgin coconut oil which is made from the fleshy part of the coconut after it has been drained of the water.
* The best product that contains virgin coconut oil is also one which does not contain any preservatives or coloring. You may be able to buy it in a cream form.
* It is also possible to make your own cream from different ways. You just need to know the following steps.
* Remove the outer layer of the coconut by taking a knife and scraping it off with a scraper. Rinse the coconut under cold water and put it into a pan with a lid.
* The resulting liquid is coconut oil and this is the liquid you need to extract. It will take a while but it is well worth it.
* Once you have the liquid, you can convert it into virgin coconut oil by mixing it with some warm water. This can be done by using a hand blender or a normal blender.
* After you have mixed the oil and water together, you can add it to your face so that it starts to evaporate. You should not worry about the oil blocking your pores as this is not the case.
* To get a purer oil, you can use a nut milk grinder which can help. Another thing that you could try is to mix it with a few drops of lemon juice.
* Do not ever use a commercially prepared coconut oil on your skin. Any kind of preparation of this oil should never be ingested or used directly on your skin.
* You should try to avoid a coconut oil containing product as much as possible as this has been proven to be harmful to your health. However, there are natural products which are useful for reducing inflammation.